REMOLD Professional Quality Reusable Mold Making for Plaster and Concrete CastingsMelt, mold, and Remelt. Simple and effective Plaster and Concrete mold making material.
Order your ReMold, Reusable Plaster Casting Mold Making Material Here.
Making Plaster Castings Using Professional ReMold Reusable Mold Making Material for Strong, sharp, Plaster and Concrete Castings
Plaster and concrete are great casting materials because they are inexpensive, easy to use, durable and work great with ReMold. Plaster is a safe, low cost medium that will reproduce fine detail. You can also use Hydrocal, Hydrostone, Dental Plaster, Ultracal, concrete, and cement.
Keep ReMold covered to reduce shrinkage.
The steps involved with making a plaster casting with ReMold are the following:
1. Prepare your original part. Apply a mold release and place it into a container that can hold the ReMold. Use Bubble Buster to reduce bubble formations if necessary.
2. Melt the ReMold. Melts the same as ComposiMold. Melted in the microwave or with a double boiler.
3. Pour the ReMold over your original and let it solidify
4. Separate the original from the ReMold mold
5. Apply a mold release to the ReMold mold
6. Mix your plaster
7. Pour the plaster into your ReMold Mold
8. Try to wait patiently as it cures.
9. Separate your cast part from the ReMold mold and admire your work.
Apply Mold Release to your Mold
Applying a mold release (or release agent) will allow your model to be easily separated from the ReMold. Applying a mold release to the mold before casting will also minimizes wear and tear on the mold. This is important if you are using the mold to make many reproductions.
Order your ReMold here