Make more Unique Molds with 1 pound of ComposiMold than you can make with 20 pounds of other mold making materials.
1. 100% Reusable So you can melt and reused ComposiMold continuously. Certified for more than 35 melts!
2. Mistakes Are Easily Fixed You don't have to worry. You can change your mind, make changes, add molds together, figure out different ways of molding ComposiMold can be fixed either by melting the area that needs to be fixed or the entire mold can be fixed.
3. Environmentally Friendly ComposiMold will biodegrade in an aqueous environment. All Ingredients are from renewable sources.
4. Safe For Ages 12+ The ingredients are safe for any age, but the temperatures can be hot when in the liquid form.
5. Fast Learning Curve A one part mold making system makes it simple to use. Melt, mold, cast, and reuse. No weighing or measuring of mold making material. No worrying about wasting material. What you don’t use can be remelted for next time.
6. Lower Cost Alternative Over Time Instead of making one mold that can never be fixed or changed, ComposiMold can be used for a continuous number of unique molds. The more molds you make, the more money you are saving. Buy ComposiMold once, and start making molds.
ComposiMold is a reusable mold making material that can make many molds and castings with only one mold making material. ComposiMold provides a unique solution to sculptors and artists by allowing molds to be easily fixed by either using heat to reshape the mold or by re-melting the composite and starting the mold over.
The current record for the number of unique molds made with the same ComposiMold is 40 and is still going. For this test, the ComposiMold was melted, a mold made, a part cast, and the cycle repeated. Below is an image of the parts cast.
ComposiMold’s formulation provides a stable system with good mold strength, elongation of 150%, and longevity. ComposiMold is the easiest, most flexible molding system available: melt, pour, and use.
It is also important to note that no dangerous chemicals are used in the product and therefore safe for both the end-user and the environment.ComposiMold-LT has been certified in accordance with ASTM-D4236 to be safe as an art product.
ComposiMold’s key advantage over other mold making materials is the fact that the product is 100% reusable. Compared to other mold making products, ComposiMold has lower costs due to the change in the paradigm. Since the mold can be reused multiple times, the more you use the product, the more money you save.
Another advantage over competitors is that ComposiMold is safe for the environment. The composition of the product does not include petroleum or petroleum byproducts and if composted the material will biodegrade. Also, no dangerous chemicals are used during the production of the material.
ComposiMold is the easiest mold making material to use. The product is melted in the microwave and then used to create a mold of an original master piece. No weighing or mixing is necessary to complete the molding process.
ComposiMold is a rubbery, flexible resin made from a proprietary blend of environmentally friendly materials. Unlike most flexible mold making materials, ComposiMold is a thermoplastic resin that can be melted continuously.
A mold is made by making a negative shape of an original master piece. This original master may be a figurine, toy, scientific instrument, sculpture, or any other piece you would like to mold. The melted ComposiMold is poured or painted onto the original and allowed to solidify by cooling. The time it takes for the ComposiMold to cool depends on the size of the mold. The master is then removed and the casting material is poured or pressed into the cavity in the ComposiMold mold. Casting materials may be polyurethane, silicone, epoxy, plaster, concrete, polymer clay, chocolate, or others.